Thursday, January 17, 2013

Swimming

So, a few days ago my parents decided to sign up my brother and I for swim camp. 

Now we can swim pretty well, not outrageously good or anything, but pretty good.  My brother and I were complaining so much, because who wants to spend the day swimming with a bunch of kids who don't even know your language? Anyway, my parents met with the camp instructor, who didn't speak any English, but my parents translated the info packet he gave them and it was free and sounded good.

So, we show up yesterday and there are kids from six years old to thirteen. As soon as we walk into the locker room, and I see kids who don't even know how to put on goggles, I think something's up. That is when I figure out that it might be a LEARN-TO-SWIM CAMP!  But, it is too late to turn back, so we spend one and a half hours learning how to blow bubbles with thirteen-year-olds who are afraid to jump in the deep end!

Learning to blow bubbles
I swear, I was so relieved when we came out and my mom said: "I don't think that is the right skill level for you!" Of course, my parents deny the camp pamphlet saying anything about learning to swim.

So, if you go to a different country, I highly advise you not to sign up for any camps unless you are fluent in the language!

\
Holding onto the wall

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, Abs! But it was an interesting cultural adventure, right? And you and Taylor looked like Jenny Thompson and Michael Phelps out there! You were brave to try it. Now, onto the next activity, I guess. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful, you guys. If your mom suggests an arts and crafts class you may end up gluing macaroni to construction paper... :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on our blog!