Sunday, December 23, 2012

Penguins!!!

Before these few weeks, I thought penguins only lived in Antarctica.  I couldn't have been more wrong.  Today my family and I went down to Punta Tombo on the coast of Patagonia.  This is where a whole flock of Magellanic penguins go for months September through March. Then they go to southern Brazil for summer (or winter in Argentina) to lay eggs.  Punta Tombo is a big area where the Penguins come in Argentina.  It is the biggest out of 63 places in Patagonia.  At Punta Tombo, you can walk on a pathway that goes beside all the penguins nests and allows people to see them up close. Penguins are my favorite animals and I was psyched to mingle with them.  We took tons of pictures and here are some of them.


3 comments:

  1. Abby, I can't believe you got soooooo close to these penguins! You should not get too close, though because these guys have conjunctivitis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, Kate, the largest danger is penguin poo. Luckily we were wearing sneakers, not sandals. Always be aware of the poo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I thought I was seeing expanses of PEBBLES. I think "always be aware of poo" is wise advice. You know my dad has a saying Always bring a book (ABAB)? Well, now you have: ABAP.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on our blog!