Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Basketball in Argentina-2!!!

Hey faithful blog readers! Sorry I haven't blogged in a while... 8 hour school days tend to give you a few headaches.  Less than one month until we come back to Durham!!! We are so excited!!!!!!!

For those of you that don't know, a few weeks ago I switched to a different basketball club, called Club Independente. I switched because of the lack of femininity and because of the drastically high amount of fart jokes. I know, I should be proud of myself that I know enough Spanish to interpret that, but unfortunately it had the opposite affect. Anyway, now that I have joined this new club, I find it amazing. All the players are girls, a lot of them really tall, all of them over the age of 13, and pretty awesome at basketball. It is so cool what you can learn from watching these girls play. I have gained so much confidence in myself, improved my lay-up amazingly, and learned so much about the game of basketball. I have also found a few new friends,made a few new role models and learned not to get on my coaches nerves or else he makes us do 20 push-ups (and that is just for not standing in a line fast enough!).

My coach and his daughter (whose name is Sofie, and who if I interpreted correctly, is trying out for the U-15 Argentinian National Basketball team) threw a party for the team. It was so fun hanging around those girls, eating churripan (the Argentinian version of a hotdog) and watching pro boxing (which I still don't get the point of, even though all my teammates had their eyes glued to the screen).

Here are some pics!!!
The basketball party-one girl in the back is 19 years old!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!